Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Origin Story


The origin story...every fanboy hates to hear those three words. So, let's cut through that, for the purposes of this blog you won't need any form of origin. We're cutting right to ALIENS! I'm gonna get all WRATH OF KHAN on your ass! This is all EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (complete with some refreshments courtesy of Lando).

I wanted to write a blog. I created a blog site. Origin complete! Bring on Dr. Octopus!!

Oh who am i kidding, there's more to the story than that. Not much more mind you. See, I spend alot of time on the computer. Now, I could be focusing on my job or on numerous writing projects that are perpetually "in the works"...but instead I'm on Facebook, Fantasy Football Sites, and playing Donkey Kong on MAME.

When I do focus enough to write I stray over to Amazon and pen some reviews. The process seems therapeutic enough since it allows me to externalize the thoughts on items I have read and to take a second look at it to decide if I enjoyed the experience. I just finished John Sandford's BROKEN PREY (decent book but not 100% sure if I liked it...so the forthcoming review I write will help me ascertain what's what).

The bottom line is that sometimes my brain tends to go off on tangents and I feel a bit like a raving lunatic. Not one of those "ate his liver with some fava beans" lunatics but more along the lines of Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade. He may wake you up from a sound sleep in the middle of the night holding a hammer...but he just wants some taters and to regale you with a story about bridge urination. No worries.

So as Styx sang, I do indeed have too much time on my hands. So let's have a fun reading-writing experience so at least something productive comes out of it.

-Barrel

No comments:

Post a Comment